Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Legends..." reflection, 1/13/10

I just watched Legends of the Fall,
and I associate with the character of Tristin.
I, too, feel a wild bear or beast burning inside me.
He had unquenched issues that he quietly carried everywhere.
But deep down, there was a wild madness that,
despite his desire to love Susanna,
forced him to retreat.
Not her fault he had a bear's voice in his head.
He had to go away and deal with his anger, fear, passion,
and urge to live so much he could taste Death plainly.
And after he quieted this voice,
he was able to return.
But she had moved on.  On paper.
She still loved him.
"He was a rock that everyone broke themselves against."
Except for Isabel Two.
Somehow, she could see into his soul,
and his soul did not run with the bear's voice when she did.
She was quiet, peaceful, natural, and deep.  Beautiful.
I almost cried when...
-well actually multiple times (hey- it's a great movie!)-

I know that feeling and far off look Tristin has in the 'hot tub' with Susanna.
I don't don't care for politics and much of the concerns outside my 'ranch'.
He asks, "Am I and the people around me damned?"
Does he ever find peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment