Saturday, July 30, 2022

A speck on a speck

There's no point in me being concerned with the daily news.  Every day there's headlines of a mass shooting, some awful politician, some natural catastrophe.  I still think it's important to be informed, but there's not much I can do (or know how to do) about an entire culture or the laws and systems that surround me.  What I DO know how to do is write.  Draw.  Create.  Make food.  Take care of Katy.  But the constant barrage of depressing news every day makes it difficult to do those things.  My time, energy, and heart are spent being anxious about the state of the world rather than the few small things that I'm good at and can offer/contribute to the world.  I know my small creations may produce only the tiniest of ripples into the world, but at least they are originating from a place of love and passion.  I am merely a speck on a speck on a speck, yet my core is strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment