Friday, April 17, 2009

Signs

I'm a Capricorn and although Catholicism/Christianity is against the idea of our nature and destinies determined by the moon and stars (or anything but God), I've found that a lot of it is fairly accurate. I'm not talking about daily horoscopes- those are as bogus as fortune cookies. But the explanation of signs' characteristics as well as relationship details and compatibility are interesting. Granted, I do read them with a grain of salt, reserving the skepticism that we automatically believe something is accurate ("that's soo me!") even if they're very broad and generalizing statements. Although not everything I've read is dead-on, I've found some decent insights into the way I work day-to-day, the way I work in relationships (actually I've found this to be the least accurate), and how I relate with different signs. Some of the 'Capricorn' stuff says we are creative, independent/self-reliant, stubborn, and realistic borderline pessimistic. That seemed pretty good. I've read that we are fairly stuck in our routine and aren't always spontaneous. Meh, a little. And finally, one thing that stuck out for me is that we're 'cold' in relationships. That we're often over-critical and quiet/introverted which can be interpreted as 'cold'. Shmaybe. I do feel very critical of people, but also very forgiving, caring, and 'warm'. Maybe this makes me feel superior to people though??... haha, I don't know.
What's strange is that I'm defending myself against Astrological sign characteristics!
Why??
Because they haven't had the best things to say about the relationship I'm in right now. Again, not everything I've read is completely accurate, but a good percentage reflects pretty well in my mind. Could it be a self-fulfilling prophesy though?? Those aspects of the relationship have previously occurred to me, but definitely have been brought to the surface after reading some 'signs compatibility' stuff. It's interesting to look at that stuff to analyze relationships (past and current), but I don't like looking at it too much or else my over-analytical side kicks in ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment