Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Motorcycle Road Trip, DAY 3: Salem, WV to Easely, SC

I woke up and the inside of the walls of my tent were a little wet with the dew because the fly cover wasn't fully off the inner tent.  But I slept like a rock from about 11pm-8:30am straight!  No coffee so I was pretty sluggish, but got dressed, had some breakfast at camp, and then walked over to the Caverns and signed up for a cave tour!  It wasn't the biggest or most impressive cave I had seen, but was still really interesting nonetheless.  Dixie Caverns is a "living cave" and the drops come pretty steadily.


Came back to camp and noticed that my GPS had a big spider crack in it.  Didn't notice it yesterday- how did this happen??  Eagle Riders gave me an old model- maybe there was already a small crack in it that they didn't tell me about?  I called them but got no help, so basically I have no GPS for the rest of the trip- I'll be solely using my road atlas and talking to strangers for help.
I left camp late (around noon) and hit the road.  Just highway today- I was flying.

I was hoping to hit Wicked Weed Brewery in Ashville, but somehow passed Ashville entirely (no gps), so I decided to just keep going to Rusty's lake house.
He gave me directions and I eventually found my way to his beautiful lake house (5-week AirBnb) in Easely, SC.


We bar-hopped and watched the Eagles vs. Panthers game with a bunch of dumb hicks.  Back at the lake house was had a few more beers and a smoke.  The lake is beautiful even at night- I'm looking forward to kayaking tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment