Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Motorcycle Road Trip, DAY 4: Easley, SC to Charleston, SC

Oooff!  My head is still buzzing even though I arrived here in Charleston hours ago!  That bike is LOUD!!
This morning we made breakfast at the lake house, and then took the kayaks out.  Lake Saluda is gorgeous and seems to still have a bunch of properties that have not yet been turned into massive mansion estates on the water.  Rusty and I paddled out for about an hour and finally arrived in front of Debbie's place.  She was a ton of fun and then even offered to put the kayaks in her pontoon boat and drive us back across the lake!

So, I didn't hit the road until late today after an adventurous morning.  This meant that I was absolutely ripping the throttle east on 26 to make it to Charleston at a reasonable hour (hence why my ears and head are still ringing).  I almost crashed today.  I was coming into an off-ramp too fast- I wasn't going to make the turn and had to hit the brakes pretty heavy.  Stupid mistake- I was just in the mindset of getting to my destination quickly.  It's not a good way to ride.  I should remember that and allot more time for each days journey.


So happy to be in Charleston now!  I love it here at Ben and Kelly's place.  Theres Madeleine (one of my favorite pit bulls), and now young Tucker!!  He's adorable, but seems like he worries too much for a 1yr old, hahaha!
I will rest up here until Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment