Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Motorcycle Road Trip, DAY 6: Charleston, SC to Jacksonville, FL

Man, what a great time hanging with the Wrights in Charleston!  I packed up after a big breakfast, and found my way south on 17.  There was some car dealerships and urban sprawl for a bit, but then just long quiet road through the coastal marshlands.  Kinda scary to think about breaking down out there.  Very pretty though.
Got to Savannah and immediately started seeing the moss-covered, low-hanging trees I was hoping for.

I rode aimlessly through town for a bit, until I saw a big church, parked, and happened to be just in time for a Latin mass at the Savannah cathedral!  After mass, I was really hoping to find a good quick spot for a shrimp po boy and sure enough, after a 10minute walk: Savannah Seafood Shack!!  It was like finding that oasis in the desert. Ha!  In hindsight, this makes me appreciate not having a smartphone to tell me where everything is.  I got my po boy with hush puppies, delicious, and was back on the road.
Highway down to Jacksonville.  The huge bridge coming into Jax was a little scary on the bike.  Chris and Allison have a great house by the beach.  She's so pregnant!  We hung out with Nola the boxer for a bit before Ubering to a music fest on the beach!  Music, weirdos, clouds of pot smoke, beer, food trucks... it was great!  Got a burger and then a beer at Green Room Brewery.
Big, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment