Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Motorcycle Road Trip, DAY 7: Jacksonville, FL to Atlanta, GA

Very interesting day of riding today!
With the GPS broken (since after DAY 2), I've been writing directions on my forearm.

It's been hot enough down here to wear short sleeves.  It wasn't long after I left Jax that it felt like I was in serious swamp-hick country.  At one point I was using the bathroom at a gas station and the other guy in there started talking to me about the automatic hand-dryer (I think), but I swear I couldn't understand A SINGLE WORD in his maybe 5 sentences!  haha!  It like I was in a foreign country.  The roads were long, lonely, and not super interesting, but it was nice.  I was anxious though because I wasn't sure of distances, just which roads to turn onto.


I started passing cotton fields in Coffee County, GA, and got out to touch some soft puffs.
I saw a storm approaching, and casually pulled over to get my rain gear, but then it started raining immediately and I had to rush to change!  After I started riding in the rain, the jacket ripped.  I hope I don't need it again.
Traffic coming into ATL wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  Doug and Susan look great- I like them a lot.  Dolores, the french bulldog, is adorable.  We went out for sours at Orpheus Brewery, and then delicious BBQ afterwards.  We hung on their balcony, overlooking the city skyline before going to bed.


I'm waking up at 6am tomorrow to book tomorrow's campsite, print directions, and get to the airport to pick up Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment